Eligibility: To enter in the show, submitting artists must reside in the State of Iowa.
- Best of Show - $350
- 4 Merit Awards - $125 each
- 3 Honorable Mention Awards - $75 each
- All artists must be 18 years of age or older.
- All work must be original and weigh no more than 75 lbs. nor measure over 5 feet in any direction.
- All work must be ready for display and wired for hanging.
- No wet oils will be accepted.
- Fragile/delicate 3-dimensional work, pottery or sculpture that requires more than normal care will be the responsibility of the artist to install and remove.
- Unless otherwise arranged, all accepted work must be delivered during the posted delivery time. Late delivery may result in exclusion of the accepted piece from the exhibit.
Instructions for Submissions:
- Click the link below to access the entry form (you must add the entry form to your cart).
- Complete the form and check out.
- Photos of the entries must be e-mailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should include the artist name. The attachment should only be the title of artwork only (.gif, .jpeg). No artist name should appear on the art work submission.
- Submissions may also be completed by printing the entry form and mailing it to the Gallery with your check and photographs of art work. Entry Forms are also available at the Gallery.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your entry within 48 hours of electronic submission. If you do not receive a confirmation, please email email@example.com to request confirmation.
- 1 or 2 Entries - $30
- 3 entries - $40
- Fees may be paid using the online submission form, or by sending a check with the completed entry form to the gallery. :
- Call for Entries - May 1, 2018 thru May 18, 2018. Photos of all submissions must be e-mailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please include the artist name and please use the title of the artwork in the image file (.gif, .jpeg.).
- Judging - May 19, 2018 thru May 26, 2018. The juror will review the artwork and will choose approximately 70 pieces of artwork for the exhibit.
- Artist Notification - May 28, 2018 thru May 29, 2018. Artists will be notified of the juror's selections for the Iowa Exhibited XXXIII show via email.
- Delivery of Accepted Artwork - May 31, 2018 thru June 1, 2018 (Gallery Hours are 11:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.). Selected artists may drop off their artwork to the Gallery during Gallery hours.
- Exhibit - June 4, 2018 thru August 3 2018. The Exhibit will be open Monday through Friday, 11:00am to 4:30pm.
- Reception and Announcement of Winners - Thursday, June 7, 2018 • 5:30 to 7:30. During the reception, award winners of Iowa Exhibited XXXIII will be announced.
Click HERE for the Iowa Exhibited XXXIII Entry Form.
Click HERE for a printable version of the Entry Form.
Polk County Heritage Gallery • 111 Court Avenue • Des Moines, Iowa 50309